Lucy Michael Research, Training and Consultancy is a consultancy research and training group with expertise on inclusion and equality, experienced in working with a wide range of communities and organisations to produce effective policy outcomes. Our work addresses a range of equality and human rights concerns, from international protection to migrant and minority experiences in employment, education and policing, including discrimination and violence, and the roles of statutory institutions and civil society in combating discrimination across multiple and intersecting equality grounds. We are a diverse team employing two full-time staff as well as 6 project staff, based in Dublin, Galway and Belfast.
Our expert team offer a strong set of collective knowledge, skills and experience, particularly:
- Established reputation in the area of discrimination and exclusion, particularly working with racialised and migrant groups including international protection applicants and refugees
- Research and training experience on structural and institutional bias and exclusion mitigation
- Expertise in the design and use of diverse quantitative and qualitative methods to explore and evidence inequalities and responses to inequalities, designed with and including affected groups and service providers
- Working directly with public and private sector organisations to reduce barriers to accessing services and opportunities, and to develop new solutions to address discrimination
- Rigorous methodological approach informed by social policy, legal & sociological perspectives
- Skilled researchers expert in the use of participatory approaches to align capacity-building and research outcomes, to identify particular gaps in knowledge and to create strong advocacy pathways.
- Experienced writer of toolkits and guides for non-specialist audiences
As an independent research and training organisation, we are involved in a range of projects for governmental and non-governmental organisations collecting and analysing data on integration and equality.
We also offer training on integration policy and interventions, public sector duties and legislation affecting the private sector, as well as bespoke consultation on diversity planning for your organisation.
All of our work is evidence-led, and we apply robust and rigorous research methods approaches to all data collection and analysis. Our work has incorporated sociology, law and criminology, and has involved collaborations with other disciplines including planning, media, public administration and communications.
We are always happy to receive enquiries about how we can work with you.
Meet Our Team
We are committed to improving equality across a wide range of areas, and we take on pro bono projects where we believe we can add value. Find out more about our pro bono work.