Training for employers and recruiters from New Communities Partnership Mi-Wow (Migrant women into work) Project
We will be delivering a free 3 hour introduction to recruiting diversity of talent, handling qualifications & work permits, addressing equality issues and benefitting from diversity in your team. Group size is limited to 15, to ensure a truly interactive training focused on your learning needs.
- 21st October, 10.30am – 1.30pm, online
- 7th December, 10.30am – 1.30pm, online
Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback from previous participants:
“Thank you; this was incredibly helpful. I really liked that it was so orientated towards things we can do as institutions, as individuals who have a part in shaping the institutions, and as individuals inside institutions.”
What will you learn? Here’s what one participant told us were his takeaways:
- 1. Speed creates bias – Given also that unfamiliarity leads to high anxiety, has your hiring for diversity been well thought through, with robust process and criteria, and definitely not rushed?
- 2. Systems must help – Both organisational recognition and local mapping of foreign qualifications, and knowledge of work permits are critical. Is your application system currently providing sufficient opportunity for additional narrative, also around experience?
- 3. End-to-end inclusion encouragement – From the job spec through to the interview form and beyond, is your hiring process encouraging an inclusive approach throughout?
- Final thought. When workplace teams reflect their target customers, the entire team is twice as likely to innovate. Fact.
We look forward to meeting you in our next training!